Ice cream is a fruit.
One egg has more calories than beef, chicken, or fish.
Coffee will make you fat.
It was a very interesting time and I was so glad to put to rest some really big misconceptions! Not everyone thought the above statements, of course, but I just wanted to help you to see the mentality of some of the women here. We are so blessed to have health in schools. Even though we don't all FOLLOW the food guide pyramid recommendations, at least we can basically decipher good foods from bad foods, high calorie vs low calorie. Well, I don't know... there are many people in the States who may not know as well. I have just been reminded today not to take an education for granted. I am glad that I can use my knowledge to help educate others here in my specific field. What a blessing!
By the way, Happy July! Tomorrow we have all day training for camp, we take supplies up the mountain on Saturday, and then camp starts on Monday! Ahhh! I will post again before I am void of outside communication for a week, but until then... tung! (bye!)

3 comments:
You make "Taking the supplies up the mountain" sound so easy!
Yeah - Camp is here! I printed your blog to a .pdf and am mailing to Emily. It weighs almost 5 oz. haha. So glad the nutrition talks went so well. Coffee does make you fat! I am proof!
Love you bunches!!!!
mom.. it is .. taking them up while HIKEING the mountain is a differnt story.
Post a Comment